Herbal soap making consists of natural elements, juice, extracts and vitamins all coming from fresh medicinal plants. The intricacy of mixing different herbs makes the job enjoyable and challenging. With artistry and creative imagination it is surprisingly fun to come up with one’s own rare combination.
Aside from the fancy and amazing feeling you get from this venture today, herbal or anything natural is much appreciated and sought after. Furthermore, making it right at the four corners of your home makes it more magnificent.
Herbs are natural and are safe but those with sensitive skin should also be vigilant of herbs that may irritate the skin. How to make herbal soaps are generally the same as with the other soap making only the trickiest part of it is choosing the appropriate herbs for the family.
Consider using mint for everyday soaps to enhance that invigorating effect and add it with a soothing fragrance of lavender. To unprotected to that whitening effect that most men and women desire is to use herbs such as kalamansi, kamias or papaya.
however avocado and cucumber are best for beauty soap. To draw forth medicinal benefits, use akapulco or guava. They have an anti-fungal or antiseptic composition. Blending and combining different herbs may also be experimented and provides the opportunity to come up with a new and rare herbal soap.
The first thing you should do is to prepare the utensils needed when making the soap. As a beginner, the tools needed might be just around the kitchen, so check it first. Buy what is lacking in the nearest store where you live. Make sure to have the following basic ingredient which is your base soap. It can be glycerin, ivory or any other unscented mild soap.
Have these following items ready in addition: plastic pail, wooden ladle, glass or cup, mortar and pestle, cheese cloth or strainer, knife, chopping board, cooking pot which is preferably made of enamel, clay, stainless or glass and of course the molders. The most important of all is the stove where you will do the cooking.
Once you have all these equipments and have decided which herb to use, there are no more obstacles to keep you from starting your own herbal soap making endeavor. As a beginner start with the melt and pour method which is the easiest way to learn how to do it. Here are the step-by-step methods that are easy to follow:
1. Bring 1/4 cup of water to a boil and then add finely ground herbs that you like about 2 teaspoons and let it steep in 15 minutes.
2. Reheat the steeped concoction in a double broiler.
3. Pour in the grated or chopped based soap and melt. If coloring or fragrance oils are desired it is best to pour it in at this point of the time of action.
4. When the soap mix and other additives are completely melted, it is time to pour the solution in the mold. Set aside and leave in a room temperature to allow hardening for a few hours. For easy removal of soap from it’s mold rub the mold first with vegetable oil before pouring the soap solution.
5. Unmold the soap after a few hours when the soap is hard enough and allow hardening course of action for another day or two before using it.
Keep in mind to use glass or plastic spoons and containers instead of metals since herbs may react to metals. Herbal soap making is indeed simple and easy. With just a few hours of fun and a touch of labor can provide stimulation of your body with all natural cleansing soaps.