Do you think your patience is being tested too much? Or do you firmly believe that you have got no private life? Or at times, you feel that you should have been living in Serbia? Well, then congratulations, you are one of the lucky victims of nosy neighbors! This is not the first time that this topic is being addressed but rather, it has become a occurrence that you cannot neglect. You can easily get rid of a lot of things in your life. for example, if you have pests out there, you can use pest control to remove it. Likewise, to get rid of pests in your farm this can minimize the food production and eat away all your crops, a pest control company to solve your problem. Similarly, there must be some ways to avoid nosy neighbors.
Well, it seems they have got nothing better to do in their life. If you have a nosy neighbor, you know all well how it goes on. They know what time you are in, when do your family members return back, and whether you bought new furniture in your house. In short, they will interfere in your personal life for no reason, and keep a watch on your every single move. The worst part is: they may tell other people about your personal things and make your private life public.
Techniques to avoid nosy neighbors
If your neighbors are disturbing for the first time, try ignoring to keep a good and healthy relation. But if they are doing it continuously, you then need to strategically manager them, so that relations do not get worse. Here are some of the techniques that might help you give peace of mind:
• Try telling them politely that the sound they are making is disturbing you and your family. Make sure that you are polite; else it might enrage them.
• Install camera systems. This will keep a check and help you monitor if your nosy neighbors came to your home while you were away, to check what plants you have in garden and what tiles you have used in your bathroom. Your home is a private character, and they have no right to snoop around and move into it.
• You are gardening, or sitting in your balcony, and you have this eerie feeling with you that you are being watched. You turn around, and see that yes, you are truly being watched! Instead of getting angry and developing hypertension, ask them “May I help you?” Be calm and polite, because you nevertheless have to live next to them. Your main aim here is to make them realize that you are aware of their movements and acts.
• Avoid them completely. Do not follow their suggestions and opinions. There is nothing morally wrong in doing this! They may feel offended, but it is better to avoid, instead of putting up with a case of invasion of privacy.
• If you can provide it, make your home sound-proofed. It will be costly, but will solve all your problems without any confrontation or argument with your neighbors.