What is Web Design?
Web Designing is the art of creating websites, by arranging and placing the content on the web pages in an engaging and persuasive manner.
Every day, we visit hundreds or thousands of websites. Some of them, we barely register or remember for more than a few minutes. Other websites leave lasting impressions on us, and we keep coming back for more. The secret behind this allurement is the way the website has been designed. The right technique and manner of web designing is, consequently, basic for expanding the audience base.
The Elements involved in Web Design –
Although the number of minute nuances is large, the five dominant elements of web designing in general are –
1. The Layout – This component refers to the manner in which the content, advertisement, text boxes and other widgets are placed and arranged on the web page. It is also concerned with keeping up with the necessary standards of consistency and integrity of the design.
2. The Color – already the most ardent information lover has a soft corner for visuals. This is why, no matter how engaging the content on the site is, it is necessary to have the right palette of colors. The choice of colors must align with the purpose of the site.
3. The Graphics – This component is concerned with the logos, pictures, animated icons, and clipart inserted into the content on the site. The graphics are what add vitality and dynamism to the web page. They must be placed in such a manner that they attract the attention of the reader without interfering with their ability to read the content on the site in peace.
4. The Fonts – Many sites overlook the importance of the font used, and simply go with the easiest or first obtainable option. This could make or break the popularity of a site, because, as research shows, the human brain is more inclined to consider some fonts as friendly and others as hostile. This happens without our conscious choice. There is also the matter of the readability of a font by web browsers. All these factors need to be considered before choosing a font.
5. The Content – Although this component features last on the list, this does not make it any less important. applicable, concise, and precise content is the backbone of a successful web page. Also, with recent developments, it is necessary for content to be produced in such a manner that it is optimized for search engine rankings.